We pay a lot of attention to sustainability. Therefore we meet the most stringent requirements for services and environmental care. This is reflected in two quality marks: The Blue Flag and The Golden Anchor.
What we do...
- We limit the use of tap water by using port water to clean the ships. This water is also used for flushing the toilets.
- We collect paper, plastic, glass and chemical waste separately and in our waste disposal area we process your paint, residues, rags and oil waste in a responsible manner.
- The lighting on the harbor consists as much as possible of (solar) LED lights. Timers prevent unnecessary energy consumption.
- We use 100% green electricity by purchasing energy from hydropower.
- We do not use pesticides, not in our gardening or pest control.
- Jachthaven Naarden uses Seabin. This floating trash cans sucks plastic and other junk out of the water. This helps to prevent the plastic soup and other pollution in the seas and oceans from increasing.
- Thuishavens has been the Business Angel of Plastic Soup Foundation since 2014.
- Bicycles are made available free of charge for short term use, if possible we use electric transport and tools. E-bikes can be charged free of charge.